News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Number of wives?

Started by simple, October 18, 2008, 02:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is there a limit on the number of women one can marry?

Yes 1,
18 (32.7%)
Yes 4,
17 (30.9%)
As many as one can manage.
9 (16.4%)
No.
2 (3.6%)
Other, what?
9 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Muslimtruthrevealed

Quote from: Nun de plume on October 26, 2008, 09:44:10 PM
Sure, go ahead and argue...

ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنُ (١) عَلَّمَ ٱلۡقُرۡءَانَ (٢)
Ar-Rahman, the Beneficent
Teacher of the Qur'?n

ok smart guy.....

[Al-Zumar 39.9] Is one who worships devoutly during the hour of the night prostrating himself or standing (in adoration), who takes heed of the Hereafter, and who places his hope in the Mercy of his Lord - ? Say. "Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know? IT IS THOSE WHO ARE ENDUED WITH UNDERSTANDING THAT RECEIVE ADMONITION.
[Saba' 34.49] Say. "The Truth has arrived, and FALSEHOOD NEITHER CREATES ANYTHING NEW, NOR RESTORES ANYTHING."

Muslimtruthrevealed

Quote from: siki on October 26, 2008, 09:53:15 PM
Muslimtruthrevealed.

salam

Trust me , when i tell you,  " I have never seen some body spewing so much Non sense on the forum, and that also in such a short span of time"

siki

I dont trust you...could careless what you say...

Just address the ayahs
[Saba' 34.49] Say. "The Truth has arrived, and FALSEHOOD NEITHER CREATES ANYTHING NEW, NOR RESTORES ANYTHING."

FAR

Quote from: Muslimtruthrevealed on October 26, 2008, 09:26:29 PM
Nun, I dont argue with the students....just bring the one who taught you. I would like to engage that individual.

Interesting.

Where did you study MtR? How long have you been researching this? And where do you teach?
Masalam

P.S. I am a muslim. Do you love the quran?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f"]http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f[/url]

Al Araf

salam mtr. i have seen the coptic christians channels on paltalk. they know masri, egyptian arabic, they claim they converted from islam to christianity.

they use their knowledge of masri to deceive muslims.

allah is the truth.

Fahad

Quote from: Muslimtruthrevealed on October 25, 2008, 11:54:25 PM
Assalaam Alaikum @Fahad

It's quite obvious that you seem to be 'running' from Sura 33.37. I have given you my perception and understanding of the ayah, and I have complied with your request.

Lie! I said I will address the verse in full, if you do it first.

QuoteYet it appears that you lack the required level of emotional intelligence to engage in a intellectual discussion regarding the guidance of Allah.

"Intellectual", LOL.

Be that as It may, I will continue to focus on the topic and reserve the right to further engage you regarding the topic.

******************************************************************************************

Sura Nisa 4:3 does NOT suggest, state or imply that Men can marry 2, 3 or 4 wives.

وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تُقْسِطُواْ فِي الْيَتَامَى فَانكِحُواْ مَا طَابَ لَكُم مِّنَ النِّسَاء مَثْنَى وَثُلاَثَ وَرُبَاعَ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تَعْدِلُواْ فَوَاحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَلاَّ تَعُولُواْ

[Al-Nisa'a 4.3]  Wain khiftum alla tuqsitoo fee alyatama fa VERBAL SENTENCE >>> inkihoo ADVERBAL MODIFIERS >>> MA TABA lakum minna <<< GENITIVE >>> alnnisai ADJECTIVES >>> mathna wathulatha warubaAAa <<< fain khiftum alla taAAdiloo fa ADJECTIVE Subject (Al Nisa) >>>> wahidatan <<< aw ma malakat aymanukum thalika adna alla taAAooloo

It is Ma = NOT Taba = good/lawful Lakum =TO/For YOU to be given the Minna = favor/gift/blessing/benefit of Al Nisai = (get married to) Women Mathna = 2, Thulatha = 3, and Rubaa = 4 TIMES

There are THREE points that make it clear as to the true meaning of the ayah:

1) Ma Negative particle when placed BEFORE a perfect verb (taba) or BEFORE a pronoun الضمائ or BEFORE a demonstrative noun. Also used as a negative particle BEFORE a perfect tense among verbal forms. Dictionary of the Holy Quran page 523-524 (ma)

2) mathna, thulatha and rubaa does not mean two three and four because two, three and four in Arabic are: ithnaan, thalatha and arbaa' and not mathna, thulatha and rubaa

3)wahiditan (tarmubutah & tanwin, adjective to the feminine noun (Al Nisai ) means ONE female indefinitely

Fain = Therefore Khiftum = If you fear Alla = that you will fall short of your duty and obligation in marriage taAAdiloo = to act justly Fa = conjunctive particle ADJECTIVE of Subject (An-Nisa) wahidatan = Then Marry ONE TIME indefinitely (NOT 2, 3 and 4 TIMES)

Aw = wait UNTIL  Malakat = you can take a wife Aymanukum = faithfully, feel trustworthy & secure in a marriage

There you go. I already knew why you are not addressing the ayaat in full, but here I hope others can see too why you choose to leave out portions of an ayah.
[url=http://takhlees.blogspot.com/]Takhlees[/url] - [url=http://www.takhlees.blogspot.com]www.takhlees.blogspot.com[/url]

Fahad

Quote from: siki on October 26, 2008, 12:11:21 AM
Thanks.  

I had been looking for any such clue since long.

siki

You are welcome, Siki.

Quote from: Al Araf on October 26, 2008, 12:37:50 AM
salam fahad. welcome to the club. apparently were all lunatics to mtr, who has just discovered grammar. what a pity they taught mtr grammar and forgot to teach mtr how to read an ayah or sura.

allah is the word.

Wa salaam Al Araf.

Heheh, yeah. Thanks.
[url=http://takhlees.blogspot.com/]Takhlees[/url] - [url=http://www.takhlees.blogspot.com]www.takhlees.blogspot.com[/url]

Fahad

Quote from: Muslimtruthrevealed on October 26, 2008, 12:46:11 AM
[Al-Baqarah 2.226] For those / لِّلَّذِينَ who take an oath for abstention from their wives, a waiting for four / arbaAAati months is ordained; if then they return, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

The ayah is speaking as a general statement to the collective community....

Thus Sura 2.232 is speaking to the general population as a ummah..NOT as individuals

LOL, what community takes a collective oath of abstention from its wives?!

QuoteAl-Baqarah 2.232] When you divorce women, and they fulfil the term of their ('Iddat), do not prevent them from marrying their husbands, if they mutually agree on equitable terms. This instruction is for all amongst you, who believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is (the course Making for) most virtue and purity amongst you and Allah knows, and you know not.

Wow, you just posted the translation of an e n t i r e verse! It can only mean that there was something fishy in the other translations you posted, hence you posted only portions of them.

Muslimtruthrevealed

Assalaam Aalaikum @Fahad....

By the way, I did NOT leave out any 'portions' of ayahs. I have been asking you for 2 weeks now address Sura 33.37. You have ignored that request.

Lets continue, I will illustrate for you the several 'parts' or sentences in Sura Nisa 4.3

[Al-Nisa'a 4.3]  Wain (Begins) khiftum alla tuqsitoo fee alyatama

fa = Conjunctive Preposition (Second)

VERBAL SENTENCE (Third) >>> inkihoo ADVERBAL MODIFIERS >>> MA TABA lakum minna <<< GENITIVE >>> alnnisai ADJECTIVES >>> mathna wathulatha warubaAAa <<<

fain = Conjunction Preposition; Presents an alternative or choice (Fourth) khiftum alla taAAdiloo

fa = Conjunctive Preposition (Fifth) ADJECTIVE Subject (Al Nisa) >>>> wahidatan <<<

aw = Conjunctive Preposition;Presents an alternative or choice (Sixth) ma malakat aymanukum thalika adna alla taAAooloo

Aw (conjunction) meaning or, either, whether, until, unless; Presents a alternative similitude. Express doubt or give choice of one among a few;Dictionary of the Holy Quran page 37 (Au)

****************************************************************************************

Allah is instructing Men

1) Do NOT take the the blessing of marriage and violate that blessing by marrying 2,3 & 4 Times
2) If you believe that you will be able to sustain your commitment then marry ONE Woman, indefinitely
3) Otherwise, WAIT until you can feel secure and trustworthy then take a wife

@Fahad, If you have an another perception then please show from the grammar YOUR understanding.

No need to 'sell' people on your 'personal' sentiment regarding me, people will see the truth for themselves.

Now address the topic and the ayahs please

FAR

Quote from: Fahad on October 27, 2008, 12:30:14 PM
LOL, what community takes a collective oath of abstention from its wives?!

I believe that would be the gay community, or those who are at war (well the men going to war, not the men and women warring against each other - then again...), or those who are undertaking a combat tournament.
Masalam

P.S. I am a muslim. Do you love the quran?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f"]http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f[/url]

Muslimtruthrevealed

[Al-Baqarah 2.231] When you divorce women, and they fulfil the term of their ('Iddat), either take them back on equitable terms or set them free on equitable terms; but do not take them back to injure them, (or) to take undue advantage; if any one does that; He wrongs his own soul. Do not treat Allah's Signs as a jest / joke, but solemnly rehearse Allah's favours on you, and the fact that He sent down to you the Book and Wisdom, for your instruction. And fear Allah, and know that Allah is well acquainted with all things.

[Al-Baqarah 2.232] When you divorce women, and they fulfil the term of their ('Iddat), do not prevent them from marrying their husbands, if they mutually agree on equitable terms. This instruction is for all amongst you, who believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is (the course Making for) most virtue and purity amongst you and Allah knows, and you know not.

[Al-Ma'idah 5.60] Say. "Shall I point out to you something much worse than this, (as judged) by the treatment it received from Allah? those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom some He transformed into one who shows objection and rejection, mean spirited / Al-Qiradata and one who withdraws when Allah is mentiond / Al-Khanazeera, those who worshipped evil;- these are (many times) worse in rank, and far more astray from the even path!"