News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Why no female messengers/prophets?

Started by BOOST, May 21, 2007, 06:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOOST

Peace Be Upon You All
I know God does as He pleases. But why do you think that no women ever get that title? I guess the closest would be Mary but she was just the messenger of a messenger so to speak ... She has a pretty cool title though ... the best of all women

but still ... anyone have a guess as to why?

Samia

It is balanced: women give birth to messengers, men become messengers. Otherwise, men will have no important role to play.

jaythikay99

Quote from: Samia on May 21, 2007, 06:34:52 PM
It is balanced: women give birth to messengers, men become messengers. Otherwise, men will have no important role to play.

<<women give birth to messengers!>> Is there any role of man in that?

<<Otherwise, men will have no important role to play.>> Can a woman give birth to a child without a man?

Can you see the role of a man now?? ;D

Samia

Quote from: RasulHamsa on May 21, 2007, 06:37:05 PM
Can you see the role a man now?? ;D

I mean literally being pregnant and giving birth. The man's role  ;) is not HIS role, but THEIR role.

Quote from: RasulHamsa on May 21, 2007, 06:37:05 PM
Can a woman give birth to a child without a man?

Mary mother of Jesus rings any bell?  ;)

Yusha

A woman cannot be a prophet for the obvious reason.
And if you were to try to count the favours of Allah, you will never be able to number them. (16:18)

jaythikay99

Quote from: Samia on May 21, 2007, 06:41:35 PM
Mary mother of Jesus rings any bell?  ;)

Thanks for correction. So is there any woman other than Mary ;D, who can give birth without a man?

BOOST

Peace Be Upon You All

LOL Good one, Sis Samia!   ;D
Bro Yusha, no I don't know the obvious reason or else I wouldn't have asked the question :D Do you mind explaining please?

agentxxx

Quote from: BOOST on May 21, 2007, 06:17:09 PM
Peace Be Upon You All
I know God does as He pleases. But why do you think that no women ever get that title? I guess the closest would be Mary but she was just the messenger of a messenger so to speak ... She has a pretty cool title though ... the best of all women

but still ... anyone have a guess as to why?
Male domination......even god is referred to as He.....look at what the male messenger had to go through when they warned their people, so you can well imagine what could have happened to a female messenger [in a male dominated/oriented society] if there had been one.
this is just an opinion....I have no other explanation to your question :)

:peace:

:peace:
KIND WORDS AND THE COVERING OF FAULTS ARE BETTER THAN CHARITY FOLLOWED BY INJURY.[2:263]
DO YE ENJOIN RIGHT CONDUCT ON THE PEOPLE, and FORGET (TO PRACTICE IT) YOURSELVES, and yet ye study the Scripture? Will ye not understand?.2:44.

Samia

Quote from: RasulHamsa on May 21, 2007, 06:44:59 PM
Thanks for correction. So is there any woman other than Mary ;D, who can give birth without a man?

Sorry. The only case is a woman giving birth to a messenger. That's not enough for my first statement?

BOOST

Peace Be Upon You Bro Agent

Would that be any worse than what any of the other prophets/messengers went thru?