Other Issues > Hadith Discussions

shahada hadith?

<< < (4/5) > >>

--- Quote from: ay on September 12, 2009, 05:23:14 PM ---thanks for the links!  :)

Can anyone provide a source/reference for this hadith which is in an article about shahada on free-minds? where did it come from?

--- End quote ---

The Shahadah testimony that is recited by the Sunnis originates from Abu Hurairah and is recorded in the 'hadith' - the oral traditions attributed to the prophet Muhammad. The hadith given below is from "Mishkat-ul-Masabih", translation by Maulana Fazlul Karim, Volume 1, Chapter 1, no.27. (Published by the Book House, Lahore, Pakistan). As there are a many versions of this hadith, the collections of Tirmidzi should also be read.

Although the Qquran is sufficient for me for the purposes of understanding the Shahada, I have been myself looking for this hadith in the hadith books for years and have never found it.... however I did find the book that most people claim this hadith to be in
page 20 and 21 cover this hadith...... BUT, it doenst say what we all thought it said... its actually pro the correct shahada, and not at all a story to do with umar rebuking abu huraira for uttering a blasphemy.....anyways....i will let you all decide.
I still will bear witness that 'There is no god except Allah, Him alone, without partnership'

Paradox Uncreated:
How can you bear witness? Have you seen God?

--- Quote from: hope4 on September 11, 2009, 02:42:42 PM ---However, the true shahida could be found in the Quran 3:18.

3:18. Shahida Allahu annahu la ilaha illa huwa waalmala-ikatu waoloo alAAilmi qa-iman bialqisti la ilaha illa huwa alAAazeezu alhakeemu

3:18. There is no god but He: That is the witness of Allah, His angels, and those endued with knowledge, standing firm on justice. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Power, the Wise.

--- End quote ---

Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

Perhaps AQ 2:131 states the true shahada:

When his Lord said to him: "Submit," he said: "I submit to the Lord of the worlds."

Please note AQ 2:130: And who would abandon the creed of Abraham except one who fools himself? We have selected him in this world, and in the Hereafter he is of the righteous.

AQ 4:125 can also provide clarification, ISA: "Whose religion is better than one who submits himself to God
works righteousness and follows the faith Of Abraham the monotheist? God has chosen Abraham as a beloved friend".

For a more in-depth article, please read http://www.free-minds.org/testimony

May ALLAH see fit to guide all seekers.

Salaam All,

Here is the true & authentic SHAHAADAH from The Qur'aan, 37:35 & 47:19.

إِنَّہُمۡ كَانُوٓاْ إِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّهُ يَسۡتَكۡبِرُونَ

فَٱعۡلَمۡ أَنَّهُ ۥ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّهُ وَٱسۡتَغۡفِرۡ لِذَنۢبِكَ وَلِلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ وَٱلۡمُؤۡمِنَـٰتِ‌ۗ وَٱللَّهُ يَعۡلَمُ مُتَقَلَّبَكُمۡ وَمَثۡوَٮٰكُمۡ

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version