Other Issues > Hadith Discussions

shahada hadith?

<< < (4/5) > >>

afridi220:

--- Quote from: ay on September 12, 2009, 05:23:14 PM ---thanks for the links!  :)

Can anyone provide a source/reference for this hadith which is in an article about shahada on free-minds? where did it come from?

--- End quote ---

The Shahadah testimony that is recited by the Sunnis originates from Abu Hurairah and is recorded in the 'hadith' - the oral traditions attributed to the prophet Muhammad. The hadith given below is from "Mishkat-ul-Masabih", translation by Maulana Fazlul Karim, Volume 1, Chapter 1, no.27. (Published by the Book House, Lahore, Pakistan). As there are a many versions of this hadith, the collections of Tirmidzi should also be read.

rizsona:
Although the Qquran is sufficient for me for the purposes of understanding the Shahada, I have been myself looking for this hadith in the hadith books for years and have never found it.... however I did find the book that most people claim this hadith to be in
www.aaiil.org/.../mishkatulmasabeehmasabih/mishkatulmasabeehmasabih.pdf
page 20 and 21 cover this hadith...... BUT, it doenst say what we all thought it said... its actually pro the correct shahada, and not at all a story to do with umar rebuking abu huraira for uttering a blasphemy.....anyways....i will let you all decide.
I still will bear witness that 'There is no god except Allah, Him alone, without partnership'

Paradox Uncreated:
How can you bear witness? Have you seen God?

Abdul-Hadi:

--- Quote from: hope4 on September 11, 2009, 02:42:42 PM ---However, the true shahida could be found in the Quran 3:18.

3:18. Shahida Allahu annahu la ilaha illa huwa waalmala-ikatu waoloo alAAilmi qa-iman bialqisti la ilaha illa huwa alAAazeezu alhakeemu

3:18. There is no god but He: That is the witness of Allah, His angels, and those endued with knowledge, standing firm on justice. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Power, the Wise.

--- End quote ---

Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

Perhaps AQ 2:131 states the true shahada:

When his Lord said to him: "Submit," he said: "I submit to the Lord of the worlds."

Please note AQ 2:130: And who would abandon the creed of Abraham except one who fools himself? We have selected him in this world, and in the Hereafter he is of the righteous.

AQ 4:125 can also provide clarification, ISA: "Whose religion is better than one who submits himself to God
works righteousness and follows the faith Of Abraham the monotheist? God has chosen Abraham as a beloved friend".

For a more in-depth article, please read http://www.free-minds.org/testimony

May ALLAH see fit to guide all seekers.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

kgwithnob:
Salaam All,

Here is the true & authentic SHAHAADAH from The Qur'aan, 37:35 & 47:19.

إِنَّہُمۡ كَانُوٓاْ إِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّهُ يَسۡتَكۡبِرُونَ

فَٱعۡلَمۡ أَنَّهُ ۥ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّهُ وَٱسۡتَغۡفِرۡ لِذَنۢبِكَ وَلِلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ وَٱلۡمُؤۡمِنَـٰتِ‌ۗ وَٱللَّهُ يَعۡلَمُ مُتَقَلَّبَكُمۡ وَمَثۡوَٮٰكُمۡ

Peace,
Khalil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version