News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Prohpeciesed Prophets

Started by Lost Philosopher, February 04, 2007, 02:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Philosopher

Does the qu'ran state/ prohpecise any prophets that have yet to come?
Everything I say or do is either to gain knowledge and strengthen my philosophy or to express and explain that philosophy. -LP

abrar

Peace and greetings,

Dear Lost Philosopher,

Quran does not prophecise any prophet to come after Muhammad. Sunni and shia scholars Twist the meanings of some verses of the Quran in accordance with their unreliable Hadees or traditions of prophet books to claim that Jesus will return. But Quran clearly states that God took away the soul of Jesus and raised His body to save Him from humilliation of Jews. The Crucified Man according to Quran was not Jesus but a person Whom God made to resemble Jesus. However Quran promises the coming of an animal which will unite all religions of all the world at the second punishment of State of Israel when their third temple shall be siezed by the armies of God's faithful followers. I guess that this all might happen in the 21st century because Quran has stated that Israel will regain its strength as a formidable power and would cause lot of mischief and a global migration of Jews will occur to Israel which is exactly happening right now as promised In Quran. After the third temple is propbably built the effects of the prophecy will begin as Quran says that the third temple's constructions will be destroyed by invading armies.
Imam Mehdi is not mentioned in Quran so his coming is a fairy tale and even anti christ is also not mentioned and second coming of Jesus is also not mentioned.

Hati

QuoteDoes the qu'ran state/ prohpecise any prophets that have yet to come?

Salam,

Muhammad was the last.

[033:040]  Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men, but the Messenger of God, and the Seal of the Prophets; God has knowledge of everything.

God bless you.

Hati

TheNabi

Peace

I personally disagree that there was a last nabiyy but I do not think the quran talks about a particular future prophet.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

Hati

QuotePeace

I personally disagree that there was a last nabiyy but I do not think the quran talks about a particular future prophet.

Joe

Salam,

I cant disagree with you re verse 72:27, somebody a Messenger might still come, maybe. But Muhammad was the last prophet.

[072:026]  Knower He of the Unseen, and He discloses not His Unseen to anyone,

[072:027]  save only to such a Messenger as He is well-pleased with; then He despatches before him and behind him watchers,

God bless you.

hati

TheNabi

Peace Hati,

I'm not confusing the terms nabiyy and rasool. I was referring to nabiyy and that I disagree that there is a cessation in that office.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

Rajah

I strongly believe that a prophet is someone who lays down laws (moses te "law giver') and these are done so with the help of the Spirit of Allah. One or more prophets may exist at the same time,for e.g. Isa and John "the Baptist". If one reads the Quran,a certain messenger will come and verify the laws/quran,the messenger of the covenant. I do not believe in a congregation of dead prophets in heaven talking to a "life" messenger like some 19.org do(remember dead people are still asleep til judgement day) God says there will no more revelations, no more laws/quran hence there would be no more prophets..

I have come up with something that one can think about:I may not really be closely related to the discussion at hand but nevertheless I have asked myself this question many times over..                 
Prophet A - 1900 to 1980
Prophet B - 1948 to 2010
Prophet C - 1899 to 2007
If someone is asked who is the last prophet as of 28 June 2008 is..what is the answer. If its C then Prohet B is still left to handle the law giving. A messenger of convenant will still come over to confirm.I strongly believe there were other prophets around when Mohamed was around.