News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

assumptions about "quran alone"?

Started by mr. humble, May 19, 2006, 01:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr. humble

peace,

when muslims give up the hadith, and follow "quran alone" we make these assumptions:

1. quran is the divine truth

2. quran contains no nonsense

3. unlike the hadith, the quran promotes "ABSOLUTE FREEDOM".

4. the quran is the ONLY authentic source concerning islam.

5. all ahadiths are false.

i cannot argue about points 1 and 2 because they are essence of the quran(see 6:115 and other verses). but what part of the quran promotes that islam contains many interpretations?  therE is no compulsion in the system refers to the "stretchability" of the quran. god gives us a certain degree our freedom of faith. freedom doesn't mean we start baseless arguments. what part of the quran states all hadiths are false despite the fact that some are completely against the teachings of the quran and contradictory? why do we have to refer to the hadith for "quranic laws and behavior" such as salat and hajj.

GET MY GIST, EVERYBODY: THIS "QURAN ALONE" MOVEMENT NEEDS MORE TIME AND MORE RESEARCH. SINCE AT THIS STAGE NOBODY IS IN A "UNIFIED" AGREEMENT CONCERNING QURAN.

peace, rifat

mquran

QuoteMr Humble:3. unlike the hadith, the quran promotes "ABSOLUTE FREEDOM".

I never made such an assumption, Mr Humble. Al-quraan promotes freedom of belief, sure but the believers response to a mischief-maker is clear.

Quote5. all ahadiths are false.

Again, I never assumed this. I just don't accept any hadith as Allah told me not to follow anything I cant verify. They are just information to me.

Quotei cannot argue about points 1 and 2 because they are essence of the quran(see 6:115 and other verses). but what part of the quran promotes that islam contains many interpretations? 

No part at all. Al-quraan contains one set of signifiers though many signified.s

QuotetherE is no compulsion in the system refers to the "stretchability" of the quran. god gives us a certain degree our freedom of faith. freedom doesn't mean we start baseless arguments.

God's given us complete freedom to believe or not, but the requital is compulsory.

Quotewhat part of the quran states all hadiths are false despite the fact that some are completely against the teachings of the quran and contradictory?

Anything which we cannot verify cannot be followed. See 17/36.

Quotewhy do we have to refer to the hadith for "quranic laws and behavior" such as salat and hajj.

Do we? As-salaat and al-hajj become horribly distorted when you refer to hadith.

Arnold Yasin

Peace,

Mr.Humble, i explained for you how to handle hadith. As for prayer, there is a complete detailed prayer inside the Quran, plus the hajj is not what you thought it was. It are global meetings for debate. hajj is arabic for debate, not pilgrimage.

1. quran is the divine truth

O, certainly it is...

2. quran contains no nonsense

Only our brain does.....There is no mythology in the Quran, no 'miracles'. Just pure logic and truth. No non-sense.

3. unlike the hadith, the quran promotes "ABSOLUTE FREEDOM".

Yes, getting warmer...

4. the quran is the ONLY authentic source concerning islam.

warmer...

5. all ahadiths are false.

I explained that in your 'help' post. But like mq said, we cannot verify, and their source is really suspicious.

And there is no united interpretation yet as everybody is still shaking of their past and the Quran itself is shaking of the past. Also people are just now researching the classic arabic again and the uses of the words in the Quran. So yes, give it time Humble....

Peace little one ;)

mr. humble

peace,

yes, excellent posts by mquran and arnoldyasin.

do we use science(the hearing the eyesight and the mind) to verify quran?

like, at another post, i have read that we could use forensic science to verify "islamic history/life of mohammed"?

in the "history channel" i watched documentaries about jesus which contradict the quran. this is not off-topic because mankind use little evidence to support their claims... which the hadith makers use to set up "the trap".

sometimes, i feel things watched on television are not exactly the truth/contradictory.(analogy: the producers of history channel = pure christians)

peace, rifat

Arnold Yasin

read my post on the 'help' thread....
As for Jesus's history, read this book:

http://www.mostmerciful.com/realities-jesus1.pdf

It is one of the best researches done ever. I respect this writer.

Like i said, all things we discover, science, history, all is wisdom that evolves over time. The Quran is already at its peak and we are working to that peak, it doesn't need to evolve anymore.

Arnold Yasin

here, read this book, and i mean it!! no more questions till you have read it! :D

Here, this is one of the best books on hadith:

http://www.tolueislam.com/Parwez/mh/mh.htm

stillearning

Salaam

Quote3. unlike the hadith, the quran promotes "ABSOLUTE FREEDOM".

Is there any system which promotes ABSOLUTE FREEDOM? Besides what is absolute freedom. Does any one have the freedom to kill anyone they want.
regard

Lobster

peace Rifat, all

There is more to the Truth than science. Science is what we can objectively measure and prove. There are things science can never prove, and one of them is God. We all have a 6th sense, and we cannot ignore what it percieves, science HAS to do that to work. That is the flaw of science.

and no, I am not angry.
`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil