Is Allah (swt) time?

Started by jquader20, April 14, 2006, 01:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jquader20

Assalamalikum brothers and sisters,
I'd been going thru a few hadees and I came across the following:

Hadith - Qudsi 4

Sons of Adam inveigh against [the vicissitudes of] Time, and I am
Time, in My hand is the night and the day.

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 8.200, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'The offspring of Adam abuse the
Dahr (Time), and I am the Dahr; in My Hands are the night and the
day!' "

After reading the above hadees it came to my head that the fourth dimension i.e the nonspatial dimension of the earth which we know is time is Allah which will b there whn there is no universe n will also b there whn the universe will perish...
I want the views of all the people on this topic... and i would be waiting for it... well i assume most of the people dont believe in hadees here but of those who do i request u to look upon my message n help my confused head find an answer

Thank you!

CavemanDoctor

Peace

Well I don't accept the validity of hadith.

That aside, however, look no further than the Qur'an. Upon reading it, ask yourself, if you replace the word God with Time in every verse where God appears, do the verses still make sense? I think you'll find they don't.

Furthermore, I think you misunderstand modern science. Time, as you said is a non-spatial dimension the universe (the 4th dimension) but it is part of the spacetime continuum. When the universe ceases to exist, so does time. Time literally came into existence with the universe.

Peace.
[url="http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/users/f/felder/public/kenny/papers/bell.html"]Most profound scientific discovery ever[/url]

VirtualEye

Quote from: jquader20 on April 14, 2006, 01:13:28 AM
Assalamalikum brothers and sisters,
I'd been going thru a few hadees and I came across the following:

Hadith - Qudsi 4

Sons of Adam inveigh against [the vicissitudes of] Time, and I am
Time, in My hand is the night and the day.

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 8.200, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'The offspring of Adam abuse the
Dahr (Time), and I am the Dahr; in My Hands are the night and the
day!' "

Thank you!

Dont try to define Allah in the method except that way which Allah has told in his attributes.

Secondly, This Hadith might be refering actually,,,,,,That dont blame the endeavors (comings and goings) of time, which mean dont abuse your fate,,,because fate is according to the command of Allah. And abusing the fate instead of correcting our faults, is same like abusing the command of Allah. Abusing the command of Allah is same as abusing Allah and declaring War against Allah.

This is my humble interpretation, which might be wrong also.

VE

rahenijaat1

Salam and Peace, everyone!

===========================================

A woman does, what she does,-----to be young forever,-----but one day everything is gone.
Only an old face with wrinkles is left.
---Time-stricken!---Oh!

TIME?????

TIME-----tames everything!
OH TIME!!!

What is the reality of time?

Man, (not lions, tigers, cows, goats, etc),---so, man has always wished to know the reality of Time.
He has always wished to tame Time.
He has always wished to control Time.

He never wish to die.
He never wish to become old and weak.

But Time is the most, ---the most undefineable phenomenon in the universe.
Because, no one, but It is Allah Who created Time.

Time is eating up the new born baby.
Time is eating up the whole of the universe.

Time has not been given a body.
But there is Time.

What is Time?

Click the link below to read in Urdu Language, if you please.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/52481745/Reality-Of-TIME
The Corrupt, Sectarian and Criminal "Ulama Karam" are responsible for the Downfall and Humiliation of this Ummah at the hands of the kuffaar. These criminal Ulama Karam have made the Ummah their slaves, and have divided them into Haram and Mushrik SECTS!
These Criminal "Ulama Karam" knowingly stop people from Allah.
Indeed the biggest criminals are the people themselves. They delibrately run away from Allah and His Exalted Quran.

Paradox Uncreated

To say God is time, is association with God.
Paradox Void is the infinitely superior.

Paradox Void is an attribute of God, or any other entity it should point to, which is the same entity.
Designer of all dimensions. Former of forms, shaper of shapes. According to truth.
Peace.

Zulf

yes, this would be associating something with Allah.... which is a big No No.
Time is change in matter... Allah is independent of time, matter, space.... these are part of creation. Allah is not part of the creation.

Peace
If you name me, you negate me.

Student of Allah

Peace be on all of you,

The reason I would not dare associate time with Allah is because Allah already said to me that there isnt a thing like Him, nothing at all. That ends the debate for me right there.

Incase we want to study farther, one must understand what time is. The only way "time" makes sense to me is by modelling it as rate of change of entropy. The natural course of the universe is to increase in entropy, things become disorganized over time, that I take as the positive direction of time. Let me give you an example, when you see a plate falling to the floor and breaking into pieces (increasing entropy) and when you see broken pieces of a plate rising up from the floor and becoming one complete plate, how do you tell which one is time reversed ??? you can say that just by looking at the entropy increase as positive direction and entropy decrease as negative direction. So from my point of view, time is just the sampling rate of entropy in a particular direction.

I can agree Allah has knowledge over all things which include time, but to say that he is time himself is completely different.

----------------- Student of Allah 
[url=http://studentofallah.blogspot.com/]"Student of Allah"'s blog[/url]

kgwithnob

Salaam,

Time is nothing but a conventional byproduct of the movement of matter. In other words, time is of no essence without the existence of MATTER. Verse 42:11 in The Qur?aan informs us, ?? NOTHING IS LIKE ONTO HIM??
فَاطِرُ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِۚ جَعَلَ لَكُم مِّنۡ أَنفُسِكُمۡ أَزۡوَٲجً۬ا وَمِنَ ٱلۡأَنۡعَـٰمِ أَزۡوَٲجً۬اۖ يَذۡرَؤُكُمۡ فِيهِۚ لَيۡسَ كَمِثۡلِهِۦ شَىۡءٌ۬ۖ وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلۡبَصِيرُ (١١

Now, if time is only the byproduct of the existence and movement of MATTER, which in turn is nothing but GOD?S creation, 25:2,
ٱلَّذِى لَهُ ۥ مُلۡكُ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِ وَلَمۡ يَتَّخِذۡ وَلَدً۬ا وَلَمۡ يَكُن لَّهُ ۥ شَرِيكٌ۬ فِى ٱلۡمُلۡكِ وَخَلَقَ ڪُلَّ شَىۡءٍ۬ فَقَدَّرَهُ ۥ تَقۡدِيرً۬ا (٢
, then logically the claim that says GOD is TIME, is invalid.

Also, time is nothing but a convention created by man, in order to organize and measure his activities during the life of this world. See verse 10:5.
 هُوَ ٱلَّذِى جَعَلَ ٱلشَّمۡسَ ضِيَآءً۬ وَٱلۡقَمَرَ نُورً۬ا وَقَدَّرَهُ ۥ مَنَازِلَ لِتَعۡلَمُواْ عَدَدَ ٱلسِّنِينَ وَٱلۡحِسَابَۚ مَا خَلَقَ ٱللَّهُ ذَٲلِكَ إِلَّا بِٱلۡحَقِّۚ يُفَصِّلُ ٱلۡأَيَـٰتِ لِقَوۡمٍ۬ يَعۡلَمُونَ (٥
He it is Who appointed the sun a splendor and the moon a light, and measured for her stages, that ye might know the number of the years, and the reckoning. Allah created not (all) that save in truth. He detaileth the revelations for people who have knowledge. (5)

The above verse is clearly informs us that the stages of the sun and the moon help us to measure time in terms of years and to calculate our affairs.

Peace,
Khalil

Student of Allah

Quote from: kgwithnob on May 30, 2011, 04:54:51 PM
Salaam,

Time is nothing but a conventional byproduct of the movement of matter. In other words, time is of no essence without the existence of MATTER. Verse 42:11 in The Qur?aan informs us, ?? NOTHING IS LIKE ONTO HIM??
فَاطِرُ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِۚ جَعَلَ لَكُم مِّنۡ أَنفُسِكُمۡ أَزۡوَٲجً۬ا وَمِنَ ٱلۡأَنۡعَـٰمِ أَزۡوَٲجً۬اۖ يَذۡرَؤُكُمۡ فِيهِۚ لَيۡسَ كَمِثۡلِهِۦ شَىۡءٌ۬ۖ وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلۡبَصِيرُ (١١

Now, if time is only the byproduct of the existence and movement of MATTER, which in turn is GOD?S creation, 25:2,
ٱلَّذِى لَهُ ۥ مُلۡكُ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِ وَلَمۡ يَتَّخِذۡ وَلَدً۬ا وَلَمۡ يَكُن لَّهُ ۥ شَرِيكٌ۬ فِى ٱلۡمُلۡكِ وَخَلَقَ ڪُلَّ شَىۡءٍ۬ فَقَدَّرَهُ ۥ تَقۡدِيرً۬ا (٢
, then logically the claim that says GOD is TIME, is invalid.

Also, time is nothing but a convention created by man in order to organize and measure his lifetime activities. See verse 10:5.
  هُوَ ٱلَّذِى جَعَلَ ٱلشَّمۡسَ ضِيَآءً۬ وَٱلۡقَمَرَ نُورً۬ا وَقَدَّرَهُ ۥ مَنَازِلَ لِتَعۡلَمُواْ عَدَدَ ٱلسِّنِينَ وَٱلۡحِسَابَۚ مَا خَلَقَ ٱللَّهُ ذَٲلِكَ إِلَّا بِٱلۡحَقِّۚ يُفَصِّلُ ٱلۡأَيَـٰتِ لِقَوۡمٍ۬ يَعۡلَمُونَ (٥

Peace,
Khalil

Definitly :)
May Allah guide us all

--- Student of Allah
[url=http://studentofallah.blogspot.com/]"Student of Allah"'s blog[/url]

TruthBehindIt

Salam and Peace!

Quote from: jquader20 on April 14, 2006, 01:13:28 AM

After reading the above hadees it came to my head that the fourth dimension i.e the nonspatial dimension of the earth which we know is time is Allah which will b there whn there is no universe n will also b there whn the universe will perish...
I want the views of all the people on this topic... and i would be waiting for it... well i assume most of the people dont believe in hadees here but of those who do i request u to look upon my message n help my confused head find an answer

Thank you!

Respected brother, man-made books of ahadith always makes one confused-----when he trusts in them-----and tries to understand Allah's Quran and Allah's Signs with the help of these mortals books.

The proof is, all those people who trust in Imam Bukhari and his book "Sahih Al-Bukhari" and accept the ahadith,-----are all confused,----- and as a result they are hardliners and extremists.

What Allah wants us to understand, He Himself makes us understand that.
Read your Allah's Quran, and Allah Himself will make you understand everything.-----He Himself will guide you to The Right Path.

I read Allah's Quran. Allah is my Teacher. He makes me understand His Exalted Quran. I am fully satisfied with what my Allah teaches me.
I don't have to look at any other being or any other book.
For me my Allah is enough.

-----"Hasbuna Allah." (Al-Quran)

And if I say, Allah is enough for me,-----then Allah's Book of "Guidance and Wisdom" is enough for me.
=======================================================

Allah never said in His Supreme and Holy Quran that He is The Time.

Contemplate,
-----if Allah is Time, then Time has a beginning.-----Then what is the beginning of Allah???----And what was before the beginning of Time (i.e. what was before Allah)???
-----And the same way, Time, after all, has an end.----So when Time ends,---that will be the end of Time (i.e. that will be the end of Allah)???

Did you see brother,---once we come out of The Guidance (Al-Quran alone) of Allah, we are confused and misguided, and start beating about the bush.
So, we all should keep ourselves within The Guidance (Al-Quran alone) of Allah.

Brother, we should have Iman in our Allah that He is Perfect, His Book is Perfect, His creation is Perfect.

But if one thinks that there is error in Allah's Quran, then he is giving his judgement about Allah's Quran, and he is trying to become a master of Allah's Quran, and trying to overcome It.-----Such a person will always be confused and misguided.

But-----once a person have Iman that-----there is no error and contradiction in Allah's Book,-----then Allah will make him understand everything, and guide him to The Right Path.

Remember, -----there can be, and there always is, error in our understanding.

There is always errors and contradictions in man-made things and theories and philosophies. There is always errors and contradictions in man-made science and technologies.
There is always errors in man-made books of Islam (Al-Bukhari, etc).

Man-made science and technologies have always filled human life with unending problems and confusion, and cruelties.
Man-made books of Islam (Al-Bukhari and the likes) have always confused and misguided the Ummah and the mankind.

There is no Peace, Care, Love and Security in man-made laws and things.
Look around yourself, and find----the destruction, made by the man-made science and technologies, theories and philosophies.

Come to your Allah. Come to your Allah's Book of Guidance. A Clear Proof of everything.

Allah's obedient Messengers never gave such (non-Quranic) theories and philosophies to mankind.
They always bowed their heads before Allah's Revelations.
They were not confused.
They were rightly guided.
What is the---TruthBehindIt?

To know The Truth Behind every matter, read The Only Truth in the universe,----Allah's Quran!

This is my understanding of Al-Quran.-----Don't follow my understanding.

Go and get your own understanding of Al-Quran.