News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

are we vessels to be filled with Allah, thus act more in accordance with Him/It?

Started by 357, October 04, 2014, 02:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

are we vessels to be filled with Allah, thus act more in accordance with Him/It?

Yes.
3 (75%)
No
1 (25%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Israfeel

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

إِنَّ  لِلَّهِ آنِيَةً مِنْ أَهْلِ الأَرْضِ ، وَآنِيَةُ رَبِّكُمْ قُلُوبُ عِبَادِهِ الصَّالِحِينَ , وَأَحَبُّهَا إِلَيْهِ أَلْيَنُهَا وَأَرَقُّهَا

"The Vessels of your Lord are the Hearts of His pious worshipers, and the most beloved to Him are the softest and tender ones"
(reported by Imam Tabarani)
My Website:
www.salvation-from-hell.com

AbdulAziz Mohammed

No!

Allah doesn't need a vessel to fill himself in, if you really think of God this way you are actually limiting God, God is infinite, unlimited, beyond any of our imaginations, different from all his creatures. 

You cannot see God because you are a creature, not God, if you were God who is equal to Allah then you would be able to see him. God made it very clear in the Quran:

"Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted."

?My prayer, my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the all that exists?

JavaLatte

Quote from: Israfeel on October 04, 2014, 03:16:43 AM
Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

إِنَّ  لِلَّهِ آنِيَةً مِنْ أَهْلِ الأَرْضِ ، وَآنِيَةُ رَبِّكُمْ قُلُوبُ عِبَادِهِ الصَّالِحِينَ , وَأَحَبُّهَا إِلَيْهِ أَلْيَنُهَا وَأَرَقُّهَا

"The Vessels of your Lord are the Hearts of His pious worshipers, and the most beloved to Him are the softest and tender ones"
(reported by Imam Tabarani)

What if prophet Muhammad never said that??
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.

JavaLatte

I quote these for the people who think that they can see God.

Quote from: AbdulAziz Mohammed on October 23, 2014, 11:16:33 AM
You cannot see God because you are a creature, not God, 

QuoteGod made it very clear in the Quran:

"Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted."

Salām.
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.

amin

If God wills, yes you can see him and understand what he wills.

Loving and caring for others is a property of God, so we are part of his magnificence.

JavaLatte

What if God wills that we (fallible humans) cannot see Him?

Sorry, I don't believe that there are people who can see God while they're still live in this world. If they claim to see God, then I don't take that claim as truth, for me that's only their conjecture.

Now I decide to listen to what God teaches me through the Qur'an, instead of following other people's conjectures. Enough is enough.

Salām.

Man of Faith

Okay Java Latte,

At least I hope that you are at terms that behavior and deeds is of the essence in our faith. Other than that you can think whatever you like.

Be of one with God
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Ahmad Bilal

Peace.

This is actually a two-part question... According to the Qur'aan, ALLAH blew His spirit into Adam (man), and then He commanded the angels to prostrate to him (Q. 15:28, 29). If the angels are commanded to prostrate solely to God, and not to anyone or anything else, then wouldn't this imply that ALLAH was somehow IN (e.g. inside) Adam? And, if He wasn't, then was God commanding the angels to practice a form of idol-worship? In other words, was Adam a vessel that ALLAH was using to 'house His spirit'?

The reason I said that this is a two-part question is because of the context. Also according to the Qur'aan, Adam committed an act of rebellion and sinned against himself, even though he had this 'spirit of God' in him. That spirit didn't make him act more like God, because, if it did, he wouldn't have been able to commit a sin (unless we're also implying that God Himself can 'sin').

Could we be vessels for (the spirit of) ALLAH? Perhaps. The Qur'aan, as well as the Bible, imply this in many places. However, this doesn't mean that we instinctively act in accordance with Him, or do things the way He'd do things. Whether we are vessels or not, we still have the ability to choose our paths and impact our eventual outcomes.

Peace,

Ahmad
"The true delight is in the finding out, rather than in the knowing." - Isaac Asimov

Israfeel

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:

Indeed, Allah has Vessels from among the people of the Earth, and the Vessels of your Lord are the HEARTS of His pious worshipers, and the most beloved ones to Him are the softest and tender ones (Musnad Shamain of Imam Tabarani)

So to answer your question, not all of us are vessels of Allah, but only the hearts of His pious worshipers (the People of Sunnah), and the softer the heart, the better the vessel it is.
My Website:
www.salvation-from-hell.com