News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Ramadhan Fasting

Started by burnian, June 09, 2014, 02:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakas

peace,

Perhaps it will be clearer if we use proper words somewhat. The order of the Arabic in 2:187 says:

eat and drink UNTIL ...dawn
THEN complete the fast to the night
AND do not have relations with them

I'm not sure where your order comes from.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

herbman

Quote from: Wakas on September 26, 2014, 01:59:07 PM
peace,

Perhaps it will be clearer if we use proper words somewhat. The order of the Arabic in 2:187 says:

eat and drink UNTIL ...dawn
THEN complete the fast to the night
AND do not have relations with them

I'm not sure where your order comes from.

Salam,

it was all in bold in my first message:

so now associate with them, (Y)
AND seek what Allah hath ordained for you (Z)
AND eat and drink (Z),
UNTIL the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread;
THEN complete your fast till the night appears;
AND do not associate with your wives while ye are in retreat in the Massajid/mosques

thus "complete X, Y, Z until fajr and then fast till night and do not Y while you are in Massajid (state of SAJADA)"
is it clearer now?

please comment

peace

Wakas

peace herbman,

I thought by your original comment of "...after dawn ONLY intercourse is prohibited?" you were implying even though "swm" is mentioned it's not referring to food/drink, i.e. the abstinence mentioned is about intercourse only.

Also the confusion was also when you then replied (bold mine):

"complete X, Y till night and then fast and do not Y"
and now say:
"complete X, Y, Z until fajr and then fast till night and do not Y while you are in Massajid (state of SAJADA)"

In any case, I don't consider it strange, for example if read as two bits of info, i.e. swm and no intercourse, that means no food/drink (the most common usage of swm) and in addition, no intercourse.

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

siki

Burnian,

After researching on this topic for some years,  My recommendation is

Fasting is abstaining from eating and drinking, not talking ( which is very hard specially for a woman  ;D)   so,

Fast for consecutive 10 days each year, starting after  the first full moon, immediately after summer solstice ,

Fast from first light till the darkness of night ( not till sun sets)

You don't have to actually witness the moon to start fast, you may start from the predicted date of full moon of scorching heat in your area (witnessing the shahar ur Ramadan, actually means  ," when ever is shahar ur Ramadan  in your geographical location", that means, the people in north, and down under should not practice fast at the same time. Residents of northern hemisphere do it on the longest and hottest days in June/July, and southern hemisphere would observe in their longest/hottest period, which is some time in Dec/Jan)

Sex is allowed after breaking fast through the night, during this 10 day period.

Don't bother about past what is passed is passed, if you are still bothered, just give away some money for charity.

peace
siki